Before Oklahoma was a state, a missionary from New York was sent west to work. Reverend L.J. Dyke worked here for over a year before he decided the time had come to start a church. First Baptist Church of Yukon was organized on April 26, 1891 with six members.
With God’s leadership and many years of planning and hard work, the first worship service in a new sanctuary took place on January 5, 1975 with a membership of 1,037. In the years to follow our church added a Falls Creek cabin, a television ministry, and a Family Life Center, all of which are still being used today.
Through the years, our church has been through times of great growth and times of great trials, but through it all our people remained faithful. The charge given to the congregation in 1891 continues today in the hearts of our people to, “Go into all the world and preach the Gospel.” Many have been called into full time Christian service and hundreds have given their lives to Christ here at FBC, and our prayer is for this to continue. People will come and go, but God is still God and God is still good.